L.I.C. ADO EXAM
(Held on 06 JULY 2008)
1. Highest Law officer of a State?
(A) Attorney General
(B) Secretary General Law Department
(C) Advocate General
(D) Solicitor General
2. The place for Harmandir was given by the Mughal Emperor Akbar to—
(A) Guru Amar Das
(B) Guru Hari Kishan
(C) Guru Ram Das
(D) Guru Tegh Bahadur
3. Which section of IPC is applicable in a case of death due to negligence ?
(A) 304 Part-I
(B) 304 Part-II
(C) 304 A
4. Which of the following pairs is wrongly matched ?
(A) Sabarigiri Project —Gujarat
(B) Sharavathy Project —Karnataka
(C) Kundah Project —Tamil Nadu
(D) Balimela Project —Orissa
5. The Olympic Flame symbolize?
(A) Speed, perfection and strength
(B) Unity among various nations of the world
(C) Continuity between the ancient and modern games
(D) Sports as a means of securing harmony among the nations
6. Which of the following deals with economic offences ?
7. The earth rotates on its axis from—
(A) East to West
(B) West to East
(C) North to South
(D) South to North
8. A Cricket match is being telecasted live from Delhi. If the match commences at 10 a.m. at What time would viewers in London have to tune in their sets?
(A) 10 a.m.
(B) 4·30 a.m.
(C) 4.30 p.m.
(D) 10 p.m.
9. ‘The United Kingdom’ consists of England and—
(A) Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales
(B) Northern Ireland, Palma and Iceland
(C) Scotland, Wales and Faeroe Island
(D) Scotland, Sardinia and Wales
10. Which of the following is the publisher of Employment News in INDIA?
(A) Indian Express Group
(B) Times of India Group
(C) Ministry of Human Resources Development
(D) Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
11. The states of India having common border with Myanmar are—
(A) Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh
(B) Mizoram, Manipur, Tripura, Meghalya
(C) Mizoram, Tripura, Meghalya, Assam
(D) Assam, Manipur, Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh
12. In which of the following states ‘Koyana Hydro Electric Power Project’ is located ?
(A) Madhya Pradesh
13. The scientist associated with the success of Green Revolution is—
(A) V. R. Rao
(B) J. C. Bose
(C) S. S. Bhatnagar
(D) Norman Borlaug
14. The largest coal deposit in India is in?
(A) Damodar Valley
(B) Satpura Valley
(C) Godavari Valley
(D) Brahmani Valley
15. NH-2 connects?
(A) Srinagar and Leh
(B) Varanasi and Kanyakumari
(C) Agra and Mumbai
(D) Delhi and Kolkata
16. National centre for production of bio-fertilizers is at?
17. Which of the following satellites helps to telecast T.V. Network Programmes all over the INDIA ?
18. Which Sports Association of Indian lifted the ban from its players to foreign tours?
(B) All India Tennis Federation
(C) Badminton Association of India
(D) All India Football Federation
19. In which state ‘Kanya Vidya dhan Yojana’ is operational ?
(A) Uttar Pradesh
(B) Madhya Pradesh
20. With which country U.N.O. has an agreement for ‘Oil for food’ ?
21. Where will World Cup Football, 2010 be played ?
(A) South Africa
22. Who has declared as ‘Miss India World, 2007 ?
(A) Puja Gupta
(B) Amrita Pathi
(C) Puja Chitgopekar
(D) Sarah Jane Dias
23. Electron was discovered by?
(C) J. J. Thomson
24. Which film won the Best Picture in the 79th Annual Academy Award (Oscar Award) 2007 conferred in Feb. 2007 ?
(A) The Departed
(B) The Queen
(C) The Dream Girls
(D) The Last King of Scotland
25. In which country of the world, the largest Buddhist temple is located ?