GENERAL AWARENESS- 001
1. The World Heritage Day is observed on—
2. Which of the following held the of Deputy Prime Minister of India simultaneously with Jagjivan Ram?
3. The first Nobel Prize in Economics was awarded to Tinbergen and Frisch in—
4. Who amongst the following is the author of the book ‘Straight from the Heart’?
5. ‘From each according to his ability, to each according to his work’ is the basis of—
6. The head of the SBI(State Bank of India) is Designated as -—
7. Which of the following gases does not form part of the atmosphere?
8. The headquarters of the U.S. Department of Defence is located in—
9. The Secretariat of the UN is headed by—
(D) President of General Assembly
10. India’s national calendar is based on—
11. Which of the following is not considered as National Debt ?
(A) National Savings Certificates
(B) Long-term Government Bonds
12. The birthrate measures the number of births during a year per—
13. When was the capital of India shifted from Calcutta to Delhi?
14. ‘Economic Justice’ as one of the objectives of the Indian Constitution has been in the—
(A) Preamble, Fundamental Rights and Directive Principles
(B) Preamble and Directive Principles
(C) Fundamental Rights and Directive Principles
15. India earns maximum foreign exchange through the export of—
16. Which of the Indian Constitution recognises Hindi in Devanagari script as the official language of India?
17. In its thirteenth flight PSLV-C9 successfully launched ten satellites with a total weight of 820 kg. Which of the following satellites launched by PSLV-C9 is not a nano satellite ?
18. Name the periodical which Gandhiji published during his stay in South Africa—
19. Which country is known as the ‘Sugar Bowl’ of the world?
20. Which of the following ports has a free trade zone?
21. Which of the following museum is located at New Delhi?
(C) National Museum of Natural History
(D) Prince of Wales Museum
22. Which of the following commissions is responsible for control and utilisation of water resources in India?
(B) Central Forestry Commission
(C) Central Water Commission
23. The Reserve Bank of India was established in—
24. Lala Hardayal was an active member of which of the following parties?
(D) Hindustan Socialist Association
25. Who is the constitutional head of the Government of India ?
(C) Chief Justice of India