Skip to content
[PDF] 25 must read GS Questions for Competitive Exams
25 must read Important GS Questions for Competitive Exams
1. In India, planned economy is based on ?
ANS : Socialist System
2. In India, agriculture income is calculated by ?
ANS : Output method
3. Who coined the term ‘Hindu rate of growth’ for Indian Economy?
ANS : Raj Krishna
4. The Mid-Day Meal Scheme has been launched by the Union Minister of ?
ANS : Human Resource Development
5. National Income estimates in India are prepared by ?
ANS : Central Statistical Organisation
6. The most appropriate measure of a country’s economic growth is its ?
ANS : Per Capita Real Income
7. Under which plan did the Government introduce an agricultural strategy which gave rise to Green Revolution ?
ANS : Third Five Year Plan
8. Which plan gave emphasis on removal of poverty for the first time ?
ANS : Fifth
9. The banks are required to maintain a certain ratio between their cash in hand and total assets is called ?
ANS : SLR (Statutory Liquid Ratio)
10. What is the place where bankers meet and settle their mutual claims and accounts ?
ANS : Clearing House
11. The Mumbai Stock Exchange was set up in year ?
ANS : 1875
12. Who wrote the book “planned Economy for India”?
ANS : M.Visvesvaraya
13. Decimal coinage was introduced in India in the year ?
ANS : 1957
14. Which institution is known as Soft loan window of World Bank ?
ANS : IDA
15. Per Capita Income is obtained by dividing National Income by ?
ANS : Total population of the country
16. STEP is the abbreviated name of the welfare programme to help ?
ANS : Woman
17. In India disguised unemployment is found in ?
ANS : Agriculture sector
18. Service Tax was introduced in India for the first time in the year ?
ANS : 1994 – 95
19. What is the purpose of the India Brand Equity Fund ?
ANS : To make ‘Made in India’ a label of quality
20. Reserve Bank of India gives licence for credit creation to which banks ?
ANS : Scheduled banks
21. Many times we read in financial newspaper FII. What is the full form of FII ?
ANS : Foreign Institutional Investment
22. ‘Golden Hand Shake Scheme’ in India is related with ?
ANS : Voluntary Retirement
23. ‘Gresham’s law’ in economics relates to ?
ANS : Circulation of currency
24. Fiscal policy in India is formulated by whom ?
ANS : The Finance Ministry
25. The Union Government on January 30, 2015 revised the base year as ______ instead of 2004 – 05 for calculating GDP growth ?
ANS : 2011 – 12