Ancient Indian History MCQs based on Previous Competitive Exams.
Objective Questions of Ancient History
1. Which type of pottery was most popular with the later Vedic people?
(a) black slipped ware
(b) black and redware
(c) painted grey ware
2. which of the doctrines of Jainism was added by Mahavira?
(a) Do not speak a lie.
(b) observe Continence
(c) Do not commit violence
(d) Do not steal
3. Of the following, who were not the feudatories of SATA VA Hana?
4. which among the following wrote commentaries on Harshvardhanas administration and the court life in Kannauj?
5. The Jaina saint credited with the spread of Jainism’s in Karnataka was
6. The people of Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro culture belonged to the
(a) new stone age
(b) copper age
(c) Iron age
(d) Chalcolithic age
7. The Kailash temple is located in the caves of
8. Match List-I [Dynasites] with List-II [Capitals] and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists:
A. Satavahana 1. Magadha
B. Cheta 2. Peshawar
C. Kushan 3. Kalinga
D. Koshala 4. Bagat
A B C D
(a) 2 1 3 4
(b) 3 4 2 1
(c) 2 4 3 1
(d) 3 1 2 4
9. The words Satyameva Jayate In the state Emblem Adopted by The Government of India have been taken from which Upanishad?
(a) Aitareya Upanishad
(b) Mundaka Upanishad
(c) Adhyatma Upanishad
(d) Prasna Upanishad
10. who among the following rulers was first to embrace Buddhism?
11. who among the following Gupta rulers faced the invasion of Hunas?
(a) Budha Gupta
(d) Skandha Gupta
12. how did the Maurya empire finally end?
(a) The Last Mauryan ruler was killed by his general.
(b) The Kanvas of central India deposed the last Mauryan ruler.
(c) The last Mauryan ruler was killed in a battle with the foreign invader from the northwest
(d) The last Mauryan ruler had no heir and throne was claimed by one of his powerful ministers.
13. The building of the famous Kailash temple at Ellora was executed under the Rashtrakuta king
14. The Rathas of Mahabalipuram the rock-cut Architecture were built by a king of the dynasty of
15. Match List-I [Dynasites] with List-II [Capitals] and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists:
A. Cholas 1. Dwarasamudra
B. Hoysalas 2. Madurai
C. Pandyas 3. Malkhed
D. Rashtrakuta 4.Tanjavur
A B C D
(a) 4 1 2 3
(b) 3 2 1 4
(c) 4 2 1 3
(d) 3 1 2 4
16. The famous Buddhist scholar Ashwaghosha was a contemporary of which one of the following?
17. The origin of Indian music can be traced to which of the following Vedic Samhitas/?
Download: Indian History Handwritten Notes